What is scarier than Halloween? The Saturday before Halloween, the kiddos were visiting. (not scary yet) After decorating the front lawn and eating a pizza decorated like a Jack 0’lantern we caught a whiff of a strange smell in the house. It smelled like a plastic container was melting. So, we explored and found nothing wrong in the kitchen. The smell got stronger, so we called upon Hubs to explore as well.
A few inches from the back door a plug was smoking and sparking. Hubs grabbed the plug, which splattered melted plastic on his hand and blew the breaker. It also stopped the smoking and the sparks.
- I am thankful Hubs (long time welder) knew what to do and was not afraid to do it.
- I am thankful we were home, or our house would no longer be standing.
- I am thankful that we only had one thing (our kiln) hooked up to the plug/breaker so we can take our time in fixing the problem.
- I am thankful that Hub’s hand was not injured.