I’m new to writing blogs (four months), so when I received two awards in one week, I was a bit overwhelmed. I was flattered, but at the same time felt as if I was just handed a chain letter. (“If not passed along terrible things will happen to the receiver of this letter” – These chain letters were popular years ago. Now on facebook one receives the FB message to “share” if you love puppies)
November 1st, I’m starting my first NaNoWriMo adventure and felt I didn’t have time for anything else. But then I thought about it and realized….hey, this is supposed to be fun! Also, I have been enjoying reading new blogs and all the interesting things posted. My blog was not just a diary, it was part of a bigger community of sharing.
I thought I’d make up my own rules and respond by combining the two awards. (My computer will not blow up or anything, will it? Will it?)
Thank you Beaton, of https://becomingthemuse.wordpress.com/ for the Liebster Award.
Thank you, Afrika Bohemian, of http://www.tribe53.com/ for the Infinity Dreams Award.
Liebster — The Rules:
- Once you are nominated, make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you.
- Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post, too.
- Nominate 5-10 other bloggers who you feel are worthy of this award. Let them know they have been nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can also nominate the person who nominated you
- Ensure all of these bloggers have less than 200 followers
- Lastyly, COPY these rules in the post.
Infinity Dreams – Rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back.
- Post the award badge and rules.
- Tell 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the questions that were set for you to answer.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and set questions for them.
The following could be thought of as facts about myself or answering questions:
- What is the story behind your blog name?
My name is Bobbi Bowman. I thought about changing “man” to “woman.” “bobbibowwoman” I feel kind of bad about the two “ww” in the middle. They kind of creep me out. But it’s too late to change it now.
- Why did you start blogging?
I work with a little goldfish that tweets every Friday in #Friday Phrases. She has become popular enough that some have suggested I need to illustrate her. So I am brining her to life in word and image. It’s a lot of work, but I find it enjoyable. The more I work with the wonderful Friday Phrases community, the more I write. Is this an interesting phase or a new life? Hummmmmm
- What was your favorite class in High School?
I loved speech and drama. Speech: I had a way of breaking things down and holding interest. Drama: I was a behind the scenes kind of gal until they threw me on stage a couple of times my Senior year. I mostly worked with backdrops, props, and costumes.
- Favorite Books?
Right now I’m reading so many blogs I have not found time to read a book. I do have an extensive Nancy Drew collection from when I was younger. I also used to read “The Chronicals of Narnia” once a year. I like YA literature. Recently fell hip deep into a wonderful Sci-fi series of books written by an Oregon author.
- Favorite Movie?
You are killing me here. I can only give you my favorite two movies of last year because I love way too many movies: “About Time” and “The Secret Life of Walter Mitty.”
- Weirdest thing you eat?
I love the most hated candy in the states…candy corn. I eat it once a year and love it. Then I’m done.
- What one word covers me completely?
- What is your party trick?
Not showing up.
- What three things would you take to a desert island with you?
My husband (although not technically a thing), my phone, and a luxurious yacht
- If aliens invaded the planet, why would you be the first they should take?
I’m very diplomatic and curious. I also have a good sense of how to explain the different events happening on earth. I’m also a killer mime if there are communication breakdowns.
- Share one thing you didn’t understand about the world when you were a kid.
Why bad things happen to good people. (Still working on that.)
I have enjoyed reading blogs, so here are a couple of awards you may wish to play around with. They’re fun and the questions are interesting. You can even make up some of your own. However, the award is not to be meant as homework, so if you are not feeling it, please don’t do guilt over it.
The idea is to share and build community, so no pressure.
Petrichor and Clouds
The world according to Godistricksy
Hall of Tweets